Reckoned as the Make-Up God, Daniel Bauer sheds light on what is in fad and how his miraculous fingers tend to bestow it! Barely 30 and serving the niche celebrities in B-town and elite brands, this prodigy undeniably needs no introduction!
Here, he decodes for W.A, the most trending Off-Beat looks of 2016..
The beauty statement of 2015 was definitely the ‘sculpt look’, but this season we’re thankfully seeing a beautiful transition from strong strobing to a soft and feminine highlighting, or what we call in the makeup business ‘illuminating’. Here the skill is blending my favourite, healthy dewy skin, with warm shimmery makeup tones; in blue, brown, gold, silver and copper. These are the perfect shades for all Indian complexions. From my gold shimmer look on the beautiful dusky bombshell Lisa Haydon for her walk at Monisha Jaising’s show at Lakme Fashion Week to the stunningly beautiful and fair Ileana D’Cruz and her see blue and brown/gold shimmer eye shadow look at Rahul Mishra’s show; illuminated looks work for all skins tones and ruled the runway this season, both globally and at Lakme Fashion Week and are simply perfect for the bridal season.
How to accomplish it….?
The Illuminate & Shine Look
Sarah Jane Dias has an enviable beautiful light to dusky skin tone. The illuminate and shine look is a perfect fit for her.
- To achieve the look, I firstly prepped her skin using the [Lakme serum product plug], this really helps to keep the skin moisturised and helps achieve the dewy skin tone complexion.
- I applied the new Lakme Precision eyeliner in black to the upper waterline, followed by blending two shades, brown and gold from the illuminate eye shadow palette, on the eyelids.
- With a good amount of mascara on the upper and lower lashes, I helped pop the eye colour by first wetting my eye brush and gently applying the gold shimmer from the illuminate palette from the inner eye slightly outward on the lower and upper waterlines.
- Wetting the shades when you apply them, really helps the shades to shine and illuminate your skin.
- To finish the look, I used (Lakme illuminate lipstick shade).
The Fresh Dewy Look
Fresh dewy, glowing skin is one of my absolute favourite looks. During you wedding functions, it’s important to have a day where you skin can breath, this look gives you the coverage as well as making you look energetic, youthful and fresh (even if you don’t necessarily feel it).
- First prep the skin with very high skint serum, blending it with your foundation.
- Using a technique called strobing, or highlighting, add a little shimmer onto the high point of your face, cheeks, eye area, forehead, this will capture the light and give you a soft ethereal glow.
- My preference for this look is to keep the eyes nude and use a subtle lip tint on the lips, or going with a semi-nude shade.
- For the hair, it’s an invested braid. Here you tip your head over and braid from the nape of your neck upwards towards the crown and create a lose bun.
Text by Daniel Bauer