The secret of good skin lies in women’s beauty kits and their natural skin care routines. Good skin needs proper nourishment, supervision and time. Winter season is on its way and so is dry skin. Dry skin can be quite exasperating, especially for all the ladies. Dry skin does not harm you but if it is not taken care of it can cause many problems like cracks in the skin, redness, itching, and flaky skin.
If your wedding is around the corner and you are tired of moisturising your skin countless times a day to avoid constant itching and dry flakes worry no more. This blog is for all the brides-to-be who are facing this dry skin issue and are looking for some solution to it.
Morning skin care routine
- Have a glass of water: When you wake in the morning make it a habit to drink a lukewarm glass of water. It will help in removing the intoxicants from the body and detoxifying it. Then clean your face with a tender cleanser and make sure that it does not have chemicals. Don’t scrub your wet skin with towel instead pat it nicely with towel. This will not dry your face and will keep n even-toned glow.
- Do the Toning: Use products like rose water or something that is not hard on the skin. You can make your own toner with the help of green tea or coffee. Apply it on the face and mist your face gently.
- Apply Serum: Serum is a recent invention of the beauty products industry and is working as a boon for the people. When you step out of your place your skin needs protection from all the dust particles and other environmental factors. That is when serum takes care of your skin as they have a high concentration of antioxidants that helps in preventing the damage caused by damaging radicals.
- Moisturiser is necessary: When you wash your face, massage it with a moisturiser because if you do not do that the skin will start taking the oil from within which is not a good thing. Always apply moisturiser as soon as you wash your face. This will help in keeping your skin hydrated during the day. Make sure that the products you are using have hydrating components like Vitamin B, glycerine, and ceramides.
- Protect your skin from the Sun: Once you are done applying moisturiser it’s time to layer the skin with sunscreen or sunblock. It becomes very crucial to protect the skin from UV rays. Also, cover your skin with a scarf or any piece of clothing.
It is the basic skin care routine for the morning that you should follow if you have dry skin. Try to stay hydrated and use products that do not have many chemicals in them. Now, it is time for the night skin care routine.
Night skin care routine
- Remove the dirt: When you are back at your place the very first to do is remove the makeup. Use an oil-based cleanser. This will help in cleaning the makeup and dirt from your skin thoroughly. Wash your face after you cleanse it.
- Do the scrubbing: Scrubbing becomes major when it comes to dry skin but don’t do it more than twice a week. It helps in getting rid of dead cells from the skin and makes the skin mushy and shiny. Use a moisturiser every time you scrub or exfoliate your skin.
- Hydrate your skin with serum: As mentioned above, serums are rich in antioxidants that help your skin from harmful chemicals. For dry skin, consider trying serums with vitamin E and hyaluronic acid as they help in refreshing your skin.
Put in a night cream: Get yourself a good quality night cream which will help in healing your damaged skin while you are sleeping. Chose it in accordance with if you want an anti-ageing cream or an anti-pigmentation one. You can put on a night mask, too for better results.
There are some points that you need to take care of while following the dry skin routine like don’t cleanse your skin too often, avoid wearing matte makeup as it makes your skin drier, and try not to spend a lot of time in dry surroundings. If you are still not getting any desirable results, consult a dermatologist.