Skin is one of the largest organs of the human body, and as large as it is, it is inviting for the scorchy summer sun to tan and degrade its glow. Do you also feel parched and your skin creviced during summer? Don’t deny; because it’s not only you but everyone is trapped in the dearth of the sun. Your skin craves extra attention and care during this season of the year. Well, it is easy to do so too! Believe me when I say, “spending 10 minutes of your day applying skin product is equivalent to increasing to 10 years of the lifetime of your skin.” This does not mean that you should not slay your summer skin. Well, you definitely should and here are some tips on how to!
- Commit to Cleansing: Cleansing is the cornerstone of every healthy skincare routine. During summers, it can get even more intense for the skin to tackle the direct exposure to the sunlight. Thus, committing to cleansing becomes a prerequisite to protect the skin from getting parched and letting the dirt layers deposit over it.
- Hydration is the Key: How do you ensure your skin is healthy and hydrated? Well, just like the human body, skin gets thirsty and requires hydration as well. One should always prefer using a hydrator with a mattifying effect. Such hydrators absorb excess oil secreted by the glands and keep the skin fresh for a long.
- Choose the Right Moisturizer: When it comes to summer moisturizer, it should be thin, light, and non-sticky. In the words of Dr Sethi, “the product should get easily absorbed by the skin and allow it to breathe. If your skin gets extremely oily, you can even use a basic aloe vera gel that will keep the grease in check.” A moisturizer usually in gel or gel-cream format is preferable over others.
- Never Ever Forget Your Sunscreen: While sunscreen is an absolute vital year-round, one cannot debate its importance during the summers. Sunscreen should not weigh down your skin, so prefer something with gel or a mousse base. It should depend on the nature of your day and work. If you are someone who is outdoors more often, opt for a sunscreen with a higher SPF.
Some additional summer care tips never do harm:
- Rub ice on your face.
- Wash your face.
- Wear sunscreen right before you step out in the sun.
- Get habitual of face masks.
- Have food and use products rich in Vitamin C.
- Exfoliate twice a week.
- Use toner.
- Use a lightweight moisturizer.
- Avoid heavy makeup.
Let’s Bust The Myth(s)!
There are quite a substantial number of myths that are perpetuated around summer, sun, sunscreens, and their application. Let us bust them one by one, shall we? Here is a list of myths associated with Sunscreens!
- All sunscreens are oily.
- Skin damage by the sun is next to impossible on a cloudy day.
- Chemical sunscreens need to be activated by the sun.
- A lot of sunscreens are not compatible with makeup.
So, what are you waiting for? Slay the Summer and the Sun with your Skin!