The winter season is the official wedding season in India, the wedding invitations are flowing and wedding shopping is in full bloom. However, the one dilemma that every women faces, whether it’s the bride herself or the wedding guest, is whether to flaunt their curves or keep themselves warm and if you are one of those women who wants to keep herself warm without disturbing their outfit style then this article is made for you. In this article we have gathered a number of fashion tips and trends for your next winter wedding.
One trend that has been making waves in Indian winter wedding is the use of luxurious velvet. Velvet outfits, whether it’s stunning lehenga, or a regal sherwani kurta, add a touch of elegance and opulence to the overall look. The soft and plush texture of velvet creates a beautiful contrast against the winter backdrop, which makes it a perfect choice for the chilly weather. So if you are looking to stay on trend this weeding season then do incorporate some velvet elements into your outfit.
Another trend that’s not fading away is the inclusion of shawls and cape in Indian bridal attire. This stylish addition not only provides warmth but also adds a slight touch of elegance and class to the overall look. One can for a heavily embroidered shawl over the shoulder or a delicate yet elegant cape over the lehenga. These additions elevate the bridal ensemble to a whole new level. Moreover it also provides a perfect blend of style and practicality.
Ethnic Coats And Jackets
The introduction of ethnic jackets and coats to Indian weddings has added modern twist to traditional outfits. Jackets are known to bring on an amazing transformation to any outfit. Moreover one can find a wide range of options when exploring ethnic jackets, ranging from floor length coats, short kurti jackets, peplum jackets, Nehru jackets to traditional bandhgala. These ethnic jackets can be paired with kurta, saaree, lehenga or even gowns to create a sophisticated look. When it comes to the pattern and embroidery, the options are limitless one can find beautiful traditional as well as modern patterns such as, geometric, pop art, phulkari, kashmiri embroidery, chikankri and many more. So for this wedding season consider rocking an ethnic jacket or coat.
The use of rich jewel tones is a must in Indian winter weddings. Deep hues like emerald green, royal blue, burgundy, ruby red, deep purple and sapphire blue are all in rage this season. Whether it’s in the decor, the outfits or even in the floral arrangement, these vibrant colors add a touch of royalty and warmth to the festivities. So if you are planning a winter wedding, consider incorporating these rich jewel tones to create a truly mesmerizing ambiance that will leave your guests in awe.
Sleeves Are In
When having a winter wedding sleeves are a must, in order to stay warm on should opt for full sleeve outfits and full sleeve blouses. When it comes to Indian weddings, the saari is an absolute classic and timeless choice. It’s a symbol of grace and elegance and is a stable in Indian bridal fashion. To stay warm you can opt for saari in heavier fabric like silk, velvet, brocade etc. these fabrics not only provides insulation but also adds luxurious touch. You can pair your saari with a full sleeve blouse or layer it with a beautiful shawl or cool jacket. When it comes to long sleeve blouses you can choose from a wide range of options such as bell sleeves, bishop sleeves, balloon sleeves, kimono, leg of mutton, layers. Etc. this way you can stay cozy and still rock your saari.
Let The Accessory Do The Rest
Accessories play a crucial role in completing your winter Indian wedding look. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Statement Jewelry: Opt for bold and intricate pieces like chokers, statement necklaces, or jhumkas to add a touch of glamour to your outfit.
- Shawls and Stoles: Choose a beautifully embroidered or embellished shawl or stole to keep you warm while adding an extra layer of elegance to your ensemble.
- Handbags and Clutches: Select a stylish handbag or clutch that complements your outfit. Look for options in rich fabrics like silk or velvet, adorned with embroidery or embellishments.
- Hair Accessories: Enhance your hairstyle with accessories like embellished hairpins, maang tikkas, or hair combs to add a touch of sparkle and sophistication.
Remember, the key is to choose accessories that complement your outfit and personal style while keeping you warm and stylish during the winter wedding festivities!
Winter Makeup Glam
When it comes to makeup for an Indian winter wedding, you can go for a stunning and glamorous look. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Flawless Base: Start with a moisturized face and apply a long-lasting foundation to create a smooth and even complexion. Don’t forget to use a primer to make your makeup last throughout the day.
- Dramatic Eyes: Emphasize your eyes with rich, warm-toned eye shadows like gold, bronze, or burgundy. Add some depth by applying eyeliner and volumizing mascara. You can also consider adding false lashes for extra drama.
- Bold Lips: Choose a bold lip color that complements your outfit and the overall theme of the wedding. Deep reds, berry shades, or even a classic red can add a touch of sophistication to your look.
- Highlight and Contour: Enhance your features by using highlighter and contouring products to add dimension to your face. This will give you a radiant and sculpted look in the winter light.
Remember, it’s important to choose long-lasting and waterproof makeup products to ensure your look stays intact throughout the wedding festivities. Have fun experimenting with different looks and feel confident in your beautiful winter wedding makeup!
The last but definitely not the least tip is to wear a warm fleece legging under your outfit. You can wear a fleece legging under your lehenga, gown, and saaree. This will ensure that you stay warm throughout.