Still no Quick Get-away plans for weekend of the year? Dying to book a quick ticket? Yes Please! Even if the capital city has you engulfed in it’s throbbing work life, there is an escapade nestled somewhere around the borders of the city you can runaway to, for this weekend. Do not stress if your trip has not been pre-planned, it’s never too late to pack your bags and jump on the next bus or train that is rolling through your city…
Enlisted below is a list of places you can choose right away, to fix the weekend blues.
Hop on a bus and ride away to Jaipur, Rajasthan or hit the road with your tribe. In approximately 7 hours, you will reach the destination city. Drenched in the rich heritage of our country, Jaipur City, or the famously known Pink City is the perfect getaway for a quick weekend of unlimited fun with friends.
Places to Explore:
- Hop on for an elephant ride that takes you to Amber Fort, and enjoy the splendid sight of the location that is the proud venue where various scenes from the famous movie Jodha Akbar was shot.
- History enthusiasts, lose yourself amidst the archetype of walls, and watchtowers in Jaigarh Fort.
- Do not miss the sight of the entire city from the top of Nahargarh or Tiger Fort in the evening.
- Go atop the five-storey building, The Palace of the Winds, or Hawa Mahal, to enjoy the view of the busy streets of Johari Bazaar and admire the jharokhas and other architectural delights.
- The palace cum hotel Jal Mahal or the Water Palace, that stands in the centre of the lake, is a must visit. The five storeyed palace, has four floors submerged in water, and the top floor captures the magnificent view of octagonal towers.
- Jaipur Marriott
- Shahpura Hotels
- Umaid Jaipur Hotels
- Sunrise Health Resort
Nestled in the foothills of Himalayas,the capital city of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is a perfect getaway for a quick refreshing trip. A trip to Dehradun does not always have to be planned while you ride through the bumpy lanes to reach Mussoorie, stay back in the magnificent city of Doon instead.
Places to Explore:
- Buddha Monastery, also known as Mind Rolling Monastery, is a must visit. It is situated in Clement Town.
- Ditch the rented cars and take a long walk with friends within the premises of FRI – Forest Research Institute. For those who have moved past the college life and are working full time, it is a fresh experience that pulls you back to the innocent college fun days. While FRI serves as home to a multitude of trees and has an interesting botanical garden within the campus, it also homes Pathology Museum, Social Forestry Museum, SilviCulture Museum, Timber Museum, Non-Wood Forest Products Museum and Entomology Museum.
- Robert’s Cave is another fun loving venue for couples and friends looking for some fun, splashing waters and running around through caves. If the city is trapped in the clutches of pouring skies, you might have to give Robert’s Caves a miss!
- But the Clock Tower stands tall with interesting little markets spreading on both the sides for the visitors. Check out the famous ‘Paltan Bazaar‘ for a memorable shopping experience. Also head to the Tibetan Market for the best deals.
- While Delhi has famous roll corners, and premium food joints to devour on, Dehradun boats on homing in brands as well as small roadside joints that serve the most delicious must haves – aloo tikkis and momos.
- Hotel Aketa
- The Competent Palace
- IDA Hotel
- For an exciting camping experience, book a room at Camp Redstone.
Fagu, Himachal Pradesh
If you are looking for a relaxed getaway, a trip to one of the heavenly delights in our country, cocooned in the heart of nature’s rhapsody of natural beauty and a splendid weather, Fago is the best choice for you.
Things to Do:
- Inhale the fresh air that come your way sweeping through the snow clad peaks. Walk around the terraced fields and fruit gardens and capture the unique sight of migratory birds flocking the storybook village.
- Galleu Hill Resort
- Snow King Retreat
These are a few splendid accommodation options that have their gates widely opened for wanderlusts who wish to book a room for their crazy weekend plans right away.