Planning a destination wedding can be an exciting adventure; however it can be a tedious and confusing task as well. With so many options it is often a very difficult job to make decisions. However these tips will help you to plan a memorable destination wedding, filled with love, joy and unforgettable moments, happy planning.
1. Allocate The Budget – The first step of planning any event should be allocating the budget and executing a destination wedding can be a very costly process, so create a budget that includes everything starting from the travel expense, cost of accommodations, venue rent/fee, food, décor and all the other requirements.
2. A Perfect Location – Before finalizing the wedding venue do ample amount of research. Keep in mind and make sure that the wedding destination checks all the boxes and is perfect for your celebrations along with being a comfortable option. After going through all the available options, finalize the one that holds significance to you and your partner or offers an unique experience to you and your guests.
3. Consider The Weather – Check the climate and the weather pattern of the chosen destination to ensure it aligns with your wedding vision. Moreover doing this will help you to be prepared for any changes in the weather and overall have a perfect wedding. If you are someone who dreams of a winter wedding or someone who loves sun and beach, choosing the destination with regards to the weather is crucial.
4. Hire A Local Wedding Planner – While planning for your destination wedding, get the help of a local wedding planner, primarily because a local wedding planner is familiar with the area and has worked before in the same surroundings. Moreover local wedding planner can assist you with logistics, they can even recommend local vendors, incorporate local cuisines and décor elements. A local wedding planner can also get you amazing discounts and ensure smooth planning process.
5. Prepare The Guest List And Inform Your Guests – Before executing your guest list, be prepared to miss some of the guests, a destination wedding requires minimum three days of leave and ample travelling which is something that not everyone can do, hence it is a high possibility that some of your guests will miss the wedding. Talking about the guests, give your guests ample notice period, so they can make travel arrangements, get required leaves and plan accordingly. Moreover, provide them information about the accommodations, transportation, and any activities or events surrounding the wedding celebrations.
6. Research The Legal Requirements – It is really important to understand the legalities of getting married in your chosen destination. Every country has its own set of marriage laws and requirements. Make sure that you familiarize yourself with the legalities and necessary documentation for getting married in your dream wedding destination. Some countries or state may have certain very specific requirements or documentations. Moreover you may need to acquire certain permissions for your wedding festivities. For example you may need permissions for burning firecrackers or having loud music.
7. Plan Activities For Your Guests – In order to make your wedding a memorable experience for your guests you can arrange certain activities for them. As a warm gesture from your end you can provide them with personalized welcome baskets. Moreover you can also consider organizing certain pre- wedding activities and excursions to make their experience memorable.
8. Pack Smart – Packing for a wedding is a mammoth task in itself, and there is a high possibility that you forget or miss out many important items, which is a big no when it comes to packing for your wedding. When travelling for your wedding make sure that you pack your wedding attire in a carry on bag to avoid any mishaps with the checked luggage.
9. Plan A Site Visit – Before you finalize your wedding destination, if possible, visit your destination ahead of time to scout venue, meet vendors, and get a feel of the local culture. This will help you make informed decisions and visualize your dream wedding.
10. Localize Your Décor – To make your wedding a true experience embrace the destination’s local culture and incorporate local elements. In order to make a unique mix of culture and make your wedding an immersive experience for you and your guests.
With so many options it is often a very difficult job to make decisions. However don’t forget that the real purpose of your destination wedding is to celebrate your love in a beautiful setting, embrace the adventure, relax and enjoy the beautiful journey.